Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Irritation or something else?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Irritation or something else?
ScarcelyHeard
Activist
Member # 29242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScarcelyHeard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just some background... I've never shaved with a razor down there, pretty much because I've never used a razor on any other parts of my body. I either wax or use hair removal cream on my legs and whatnot. I trim and I use hair removal cream on certain parts. I've been doing this since I became sexually active, but I've been trimming down there for quite a long time.

I do have a habit of getting random rashes quite often and I never know what from. My skin gets red and itchy, and sometimes I get raised bumps. I've been like this for quite a few years now.

Anyways, to the point of this post.

A few monthes ago, I noticed an irritation on the skin around my vagina. I get small, raised bumps that are sore to the touch. On one occasion it was itchy. I've noticed this two or three times within the last couple monthes. It comes, lasts for a day or two, and then it's back to normal. On one occasion I got it a day after I used hair removal cream, but the last two times it has appeared, it has come back a week after I used the cream, after the hair had already started growing back.

Is it anything to be concerned about?

Thank you.

Posts: 80 | From: Canada's East Coast | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a VERY sensitive area to be using hair removal cream on. I would strongly suggest you stop doing that.

By 'skin around your vagina' i assume you mean the outter labia and mons? If not, hair removal cream is not meant to be used on the genitals at all, and you need to stop asap !!!

I would suggest you stop using this hair removal cream for a while and see what happens. It's possible that it's 'heat rash' or something like that ... But you wo'nt know unless you elimate other possiblities.

If you are concerned about it tho, there's no reason you can't see your doctor about this.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ScarcelyHeard
Activist
Member # 29242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScarcelyHeard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a doctors appointment coming up, in the next month or so.

It's almost the labia... the outerpart, more towards my leg and my butt. It's not far up. And youch, it hurts right now.

I'll give it up for the next little while. Im really dreading waxing down there... youch.

Last time I used it was almost a week and a half ago. I noticed it there yesterday morning.

[ 03-21-2007, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: ScarcelyHeard ]

Posts: 80 | From: Canada's East Coast | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're dreading waxing there, why do you do it? There's nothing saying you HAVE to do this.

Make sure you keep the area clean ... Try warm soaks in the tub, w/ some epsom salts if you have some.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ScarcelyHeard
Activist
Member # 29242

Thanks.

It's going away. It's not sore today... still there a little bit, but it should be gone by tomorrow.

I'm just hoping that it's not an STI. I looked up some information, but for the beginning stages of herpes, the information is too broad. The chances of me contracting it are slim to none, too, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.