Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » question about stds

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: question about stds
nina_brown04
Activist
Member # 17973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nina_brown04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if a person can have an std and have symptoms of an std but still show up negative on a test?

I became sexually active with this person around thanksgiving of last year. A week or so later I developed what I thought was a yeast infection. That cleared up but I always had a discharge that I never noticed before I became sexually active with him. Then later down the line I ALWAYS had some sort of itchiness that would come and go and I always thought I had yeast infections. I took the pill for it a few times because I thought thats what it was. I then developed a UTI and was on antibiotics for it.

I took the pills and my symptoms went away and then came back and they really never left. The doc told me that the nitrates were gone but there was still an infection because I still had protein and white blood cells in my urine. After that, I always had a funny feeling in my urethra and I always felt odd after I urinated. I also was having some odd discharge at this time.

I gotten tested in April for trich, gonorrhea, clymida. They were all negative. My sexual partner got tested in May. So we continued the sexual relationship. During the summer I kept thinking I had recurring yeast infections and kept taking medicine for it.

I had a irregular pap smear in July. Got an STD exam again in August. POSITIVE FOR TRICH. Was treated. Had PROTECTED sex with the same guy and then a week later I had what I thought to be a UTI. Went back got on the antibiotics for it. Pain during urination came back a little while after I finished the antibiotics. Also had what I thought was a yeast infection and also a strong funny smell to my discharge.

Went back and found out I had trich again. Put me back on flagyl. Since then I haven't had a thick heavy discharge or any pain during urination nor have I had sex. Everything is fine.

I used to always have a thick white dried up discharge in my underwear but that is gone.

In retrospect it seems like I had an std for quite a long time. From November until August.

Is it possible to have trich for that long and still show up negative on a test?

Also, the last encounter I had was protected and I still contracted trich again. Is that possible? After the guy ejaculated he just laid there for a while in me with the condom still on. Is it possible that there was some leakage?
Thanks!

Posts: 217 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nina_brown04
Activist
Member # 17973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nina_brown04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went to the doc again and she checks my file and turns out the first doctor never even tested me for trich because it wasnt documented. So turns out I have had the infection for a number of months. So disregard my previous question. Thanks
Posts: 217 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How frustrating for you! At least it sounds like your current doctor is willing to help.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.