Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » sore breasts and nipples!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sore breasts and nipples!
babybear
Activist
Member # 30364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babybear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My breasts/nipples are very sore.

I just ended my period last Sunday. There were at least two days where I bled "regularly" ( I changed pads a bunch... and totally soaked a pantyliner). The other days I bled dark red, amost brown, and it was pretty regular and kind of alot. I had a alot of brown blod clots. The whole thing lasted about five days. I would consider it a normal period.

There is no way I'm pregnant, right? Why are my breasts/nipples so sore? Possibly from the BC?

I am serious about correctly taking my pills so there is no question there. And, we also use condoms.

I guess since I read a bunch on this site how you can still bleed and be pregnant, it worries me, because my periods have always been pretty heavy. So when I see a lighter period, I get a little cautious. But, I think I need to keep in my mind that I am infact on BC, which will lighten them up, right?

Posts: 250 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's common to have lighter/otherwise different bleeds on birth control pills. You cannot be pregnant and have anything close to a normal bleed; only in rare cases is there spotting or light bleeding. Since you've taken your pills correctly and used condoms, there's no cause for concern in the first place.

Birth control pills can cause swelling or enlarging of the breasts. Is it possible that your breast and nipple soreness is caused by an ill-fitted or no-longer-fitting bra?

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babybear
Activist
Member # 30364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babybear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never thought about that! I am a C cup and lately I have been wearing a B because it's my only black bra.

In my heart I know there is no need to worry, but I guess that's my nature. Thank you for easing my mind.

Posts: 250 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shakira
Neophyte
Member # 30778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shakira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you might be close to you period because thats what happens to me.

--------------------
thing that need to be talked about

Posts: 9 | From: milw | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babybear
Activist
Member # 30364

Nope. I just finished my period.
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(shakira, this area of the boards is for staff and volunteer replies only. See you around the main boards!)
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.