Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scared
lothernumber5
Neophyte
Member # 30746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lothernumber5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
today me and my woman had sex and shes on birthcontrol and is on her 3rd cycle and shes only missed 1 pill that was on her 2nd cycle and she didnt take her last 2 placebo pills last time she was on her period to end it early....well i came in her for the 1st time today should i be worried? ive heard im pretty protected with BC pills but i need some closure....

--------------------
yoyoyo

Posts: 1 | From: ohio | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The missed pill in her second cycle will not have an effect on whether or not she is protected this cycle. Missing placebo pills is also okay - they don't contain any hormones, and taking them isn't required for the pill to be effective.

As long as she's taken this cycle of pills correctly, at the same time every day, without missing any, you have no reason to worry about pregnancy. You have, however, both had significant STI risks, so if you're not up to date with your screenings, now is a fine time to get caught up. We recommend that couples have two full clear STI screens six months apart, while being monogamous during that time, before deciding to go without latex barriers like condoms.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.