Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Im scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Im scared
Christina1
Neophyte
Member # 28420

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Christina1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
about three weeks ago I had sex with one of my friends. The first couple weeks I just went on with my life disagnologing the fact that I could have an STD now I 'm sarting to freak out so I took a mirror and a flash light and started to examin myself, theres nothing that looks like herpes or genital warts or at least what they have to show on the internet, but i noticed very close to the opening of my vagina theres about 5 "things" that look like skintags sbout the size maybe a little smaller the the tip of a pen, flesh colored , don't hurt,and seen haven't changes in two and a half weeks and I don't know if they were there before or not I've never looked at myself that close before theres no other irregularities any where else including nausia or wierd discharge or smell, I'm so scared could this be genital warts? I already made an appointment but I guess in orderl to contiue on with my life I'm looking for some comfort. Also what does your skin look like when your about to break out in warts? on the other side of my vaginal openig its not completely flat its sort of like a pillow of raised skin not bumps though is this normal please let me know

--------------------
"They say you can nevergo back, but what tthey really mean is that when you o back its just not the same."

Posts: 16 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is impossible for us to say whether what you're looking at is normal or not.

Have you spoken to your friend about your concerns? It may do you well to just ASK him about it ... if he's had any symptoms and when his last STI screen was.

Unfortuneatly, other than that, there is little you can do from here. You defineatly need an STI screen, and good on ya for getting that arranged. Now you just need to try to relax, wait for the results, and learn from this.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christina1
Neophyte
Member # 28420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christina1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I no I sound crazy but I was reading on the internet that sometimes if you suspect you have genital warts the doc will apply vinager to the area and if there are warts they will show up white well I put vinegar on the area and nothing happend, is this a lagit thing to do, I mean lets say they were warts for sure and I did that would they turn white or is that not 100% accurate, my partner has no symptoms either. Im still going to my appoitment but for now i spend hours in the bathroom examinig myself looking at the same things and nothings different. This is not healthy i don't ever want to have sex again whether I have a disease or not because its ptting me through hell right now. [Confused]

--------------------
"They say you can nevergo back, but what tthey really mean is that when you o back its just not the same."

Posts: 16 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, you need a doctor to do that. You're not going to be able to diagnose yourself with HPV.

Men often don't show symptoms of HPV, and only some strains of HPV produce warts at all. Even with those that do, sometimes they are internal rather than external.

Knowing you can't do this yourself, cool it with the fraked out self-exams. They're pointless and are going to do nothing but cause you stress.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christina1
Neophyte
Member # 28420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christina1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok well thanks for the advice.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.