Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » what's wrong with me??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what's wrong with me??
Kathryn12187
Neophyte
Member # 30638

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kathryn12187     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anytime a guy fingers me, the lips of my vagina, and pretty much everything on the outside (clitoris, inner and evern on the outside where the hair grows) gets all swollen and like, a little red. it's all puffy and almost feels a little numb... what could this be??? [Confused]
Posts: 6 | From: Orange County | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then a woman is sexually aroused, blood rushes to the genitals and causes some swelling. this is NORMAL; without it, erections would not be possible. yes, women do have erections, too.

if the redness and puffiness is painful or itchy tohugh, then that could be an infection. Otherwise, what you describe should be part of the package [Smile]

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathryn12187
Neophyte
Member # 30638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathryn12187     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it doesn't seem like a normal swelling.... it get's REALLY swollen. it was swollen at like, 9 last night and still is this morning... it hurts a little and just doesn't look normal....
Posts: 6 | From: Orange County | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you up to date on your STI screens?

Also, has your partner washed his hands prior to sexual activity?

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathryn12187
Neophyte
Member # 30638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathryn12187     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never been tested before but i'm going to go hopefully monday....

and about washing his hands... yes

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you go for testing, ask the doctor about your symptoms.

Other than that, maybe consider changing the soap your partner is using or utilizing gloves? You might have some type of sensitivity to something on his hands.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.