Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Is this okay?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this okay?
bitttersweeeeeet
Activist
Member # 25044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bitttersweeeeeet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took the 2nd pill of this pack late... after 1am when I'm supposed to take it at 8:30 pm... so, out of the window.

Then, I took one of the last active pills at 10pm.. so, still in the window.

I'm on my placebo week and currently have my withdrawal bleeding.

My boyfriend and I have not had sex for a couple weeks now.. we have been waiting to make sure I got my withdrawal bleeding.

My question is though... if my withdrawal bleeding finishes say, tomorrow, is it okay to have unprotected sex on say, Friday?

Like basically.. is it okay to have unprotected sex again before starting the new pack of pills on Sunday, since I've had my withdrawal bleeding?

Thank you.

Posts: 72 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, since you got your withdrawl bleed this month, it's safe to assume your pill is fully effective and it's alright to rely on it for pregnancy protection.

And for future reference, one late pill is usually not enough to compromise the effectiveness of your pills. More than one late/missed pill, however, does increase your risk, but just one is nothing to worry about.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bitttersweeeeeet
Activist
Member # 25044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bitttersweeeeeet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome, that's great.
Thank you so much dailicious for the quick response!

Posts: 72 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.