Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » re: period trouble, operation and goin on holiday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: re: period trouble, operation and goin on holiday
keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keekee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey!
Im freeking out somewhat can you help? - I came on my period on the 16th aug and I had an operation on the 17th and then the bleeding stopped by the 18th. my normal bleeding cycle is 5 days long. obv it did'nt tally. Well I came back on on the 28th aug and im still bleeding on the 4th September. I am very worried because its 8 days now and i go away tommorrow. Can you explain whats going on? and did my operation mess up my cycle?.

all my love
reply soon please?
kee
xxx

--------------------
Yes, know thyself: in great concerns or small, Be this thy care, for this, my friend, is all. - Juvenal

Abuse can and will only survive and thrive if silence is kept. So lets speak out?!

Posts: 83 | From: Dagenham, Essex UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How heavy is your bleeding now? Is it heavy like a period or just spotting?

Stress (like surgery) can sometimes mess up your cycles. If you've been bleeding heavy, like with a period, and see no end in the near future, you may want to check in with your doctor. Spotting can be a bit of a 'pain in the butt', but it is generally not as important to get checked out as heavier bleeding (though if it continues on for more than another week or so, i'd get that checked out too).

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keekee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the moment, its like watery blood. enough to stain pads. Its not spotting [Frown] . I could'nt get an appointment and I go to Preston, UK today, so uhm I dont know what to do. what do you think?
kee
xxx

--------------------
Yes, know thyself: in great concerns or small, Be this thy care, for this, my friend, is all. - Juvenal

Abuse can and will only survive and thrive if silence is kept. So lets speak out?!

Posts: 83 | From: Dagenham, Essex UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.