Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » missed a pill- now spotting ?s

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: missed a pill- now spotting ?s
blueveggie
Activist
Member # 26508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blueveggie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed a pill sometime last week (noticed on Saturday that I was taking Friday's pill but I know I took one Friday)- have done that before without an issue but apparently not this time.. have been on the pill for over a year for endo and take it for 3 months (well 9 weeks) at a time at gyno's suggestion. I did take the missed pill.

I'm about 10 daysinto the last pack and missed said pill and am now having what seems to be a very light period- however the problem is that I'm going to Guatemala on Sat am and we'll be doing a lot of humanitarian work in the Mayan countryside- not a lot of flexibility for dealing with pads and stuff [Eek!]

so my question is... should I stop taking the pill now and then resume this pack (it's monophasic) on Saturday evening (while we're still in civilzation)? Period usually lasts 4-5 days on pill.

thanks!

[ 09-04-2006, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: blueveggie ]

Posts: 86 | From: southern CA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd give your gynecologist's office a call and ask them what the best course of action could be. It could be that if you stopped taking this pack, you'd just start spotting more/get a period early, and that would probably be worse for you. The doctor can pull your chart and probably tell you right over the phone.
Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blueveggie
Activist
Member # 26508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blueveggie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by stopping the pack I mean letting said period happen and then go back on.. would rather not spot for 2 weeks..

will see if i can call.. it was a hassle just to get the nurse practitioner to give me 2 refills before my appt in October (very busy gyno- but very good)

Posts: 86 | From: southern CA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.