Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Foreskin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Foreskin
sisilo
Neophyte
Member # 30428

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sisilo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm British and so as is normal (I think) I've not been circumsised. I'm 15 and I'm a bit worried about very small white 'pimples' that I can see when I pull my foreskin back, on the underside of my foreskin. I've read around and thought it might be 'smegma' but I'm not sure, as it appears this substance can be washed away? What I have does not rub off and appears almost to be under the skin. I must admit that I'd never been told before that you should clean underneath your foreskin regularly so could this be a buildup of smegma? If it is is it possible to remove it? Will it go away eventually if I clean properly?

Also is it usual for my penis 'head' to be quite sore? I find if I touch it it can be quite painful, though it is not inflamed.

Both these issues I've noticed over quite a few years but never before really worried about them, can anyone shed some light? [Smile]

Posts: 5 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could likely just be buildup, especially if you haven't ever had it be habit to, when washing, slide your finger under the foreskin just to clear out what's there.

Take a long, hot bath and then try just gently wiping around there with your fingers. Doing that a few times should take care of things, but if not, talk to your doc, especially given the soreness.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sisilo
Neophyte
Member # 30428

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sisilo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok thanks I'll try that whn I'm next given the chance
Posts: 5 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sisilo
Neophyte
Member # 30428

Another question, does smegma not build up on the actual penis rather than the foreskin? The pimples I have are not on or behind the glands/head but actually on the foreskin, if only visible when i retract it
Tikoi
Neophyte
Member # 30414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tikoi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sisilo, i know EXACTALLY what you are talking about. These little white 'dots' are kind of like them 'soap spots' you can get around your eyes? (hopefully you or someone else knows what i meen by that!)

i have 2 of these little white dot things, ive ALWAYS wondered what they are, for years, and i cant get rid of them..they are incredible small, only i notice them..but no amount of cleaning gets rid of them. Ive never heard of anyone else with this problem until now. and to be honest im quite glad im not alone.

I dont want to go to the docs about it though..

What are they!??

Posts: 10 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(hey Adreena, if you are going to ask a question, please make a seperate thread for it; that way it is easier for us to keep track of. Thanks!

[ 08-24-2006, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: JamsessionVT ]

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sisilo
Neophyte
Member # 30428

I have quite a few more than two but they're pretty much as you described. I think I paniced a bit at first but now I'm slightly less worried, especially as you said you've noticed them. They've been there for a long time and never caused pain or appeared to get bigger or inflamed, maybe they're just scars or blemishes of some sort.

Anyway the only thing that worries me is that a sexual partner would notice them and find them revolting or whatever ... but they're fairly small and discrete and I guess I'll just have to live with it xD thanks for posting that you get them too, it's somewhat a comfort

thathollygirl
Activist
Member # 29912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thathollygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*post deleted by me 'cause I'm an idiot*

[ 08-25-2006, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: thathollygirl ]

Posts: 70 | From: place | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thathollygirl, we appreciate that you're trying to help, but we ask that only Scarleteen volunteers and staff reply in this forum (and Emergencies & Crises).

See you in the other forums!

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thathollygirl
Activist
Member # 29912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thathollygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I forgot I was in this forum! Lo siento!!!
Posts: 70 | From: place | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sisilo
Neophyte
Member # 30428

Well yes, though she deleted what she put at least she gave an answer, rather than telling other people not to give answers could you perhaps give us one yourself? -.-
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What answer would you like? People get acne, scars, and blemishes. If a partner of yours dislike you for these small things, perhaps you should find a new partner. As long as they're not causing you any discomfort, and they're not indicitive of a bigger issue, than you'll be fine.

We ask that only volunteers and the original poster participate in these topics, to help with quality control. That's our job.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.