Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » dry sex & period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dry sex & period
anne**
Neophyte
Member # 29298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anne**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I had dry sex with my bf, I was wearing undies and jeans all the time, he wasnīt.

I canīt say for sure if there was cum or precum involved.

This morning I got my period........ Is there a pregnancy risk??

Posts: 31 | From: Spain | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You only have a pregnancy risk if pre-ejaculate or ejaculate come in contact with your vulva. With underwear and jeans on, it doesn't sound as though that happened.

I do not see a pregnancy risk here.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anne**
Neophyte
Member # 29298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anne**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking about getting EC.. what do you think?
Posts: 31 | From: Spain | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You haven't really had a pregnancy risk at all. Plus you're on your period now (and you can't have a period and maintain a pregnancy).

You really do not need EC. Really really.

[ 08-20-2006, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: LilBlueSmurf ]

--------------------
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anne**
Neophyte
Member # 29298

Well, we had dry sex and a few hours later I got my period. Do you think Iīm on the safe side now.

Sorry if I insist but isnīt it possible to be on your period and get pregnant?

I read that is actually possible to get pregnant from dry sex.

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

As i said above;

You only have a pregnancy risk if pre-ejaculate or ejaculate come in contact with your vulva. With underwear and jeans on, it doesn't sound as though that happened.

I do not see a pregnancy risk here. I do not see a need for EC.

The chance of getting pregnant on your period is small. The chance of getting pregnant from a risk BEFORE your period (and we're talking a regular period here -- same in length and flow) is even smaller. A pregnancy simply cannot survive that type of bleeding.

It IS possible to get pregnant from dry sex if semen comes in contact w/ the vulva. You say you had underwear and jeans on. Your underwear and jeans would've had be totally soaked to get through to your genitals.

Seriously, you have no risk here.

--------------------
~ unknown

anne**
Neophyte
Member # 29298

OK i think this is my question... If someone has unprotected sex and later on (few hours later) she has her period... that means there is no way she couldīve gotten pregnant??

I guess im confused because I know you dont get pregnant right away, in fact sperm can live inside you up yo 7 days.

So would you still say there is NO risk AT ALL?

anne**
Neophyte
Member # 29298

I didnt see your post... sorry!!

My undies were really wet and my jeans a little, I guess that was my vaginal fluid....

But, what if there was some sperm.... God Im getting nuts here!

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Even if there WERE some sperm ... You have a full period now, correct?

And you can't have a full period and maintain a pregnancy.

Again, no risk.

Now please stop freaking out. There's nothing more for us to tell you.

--------------------
~ unknown

anne**
Neophyte
Member # 29298

Out of curiosity, letīs suppose I had unprotected sex (which I didnīt) and I had my period a few hours later, If I were to get pregnant, you think I wouldnīt have a period now?

Can you assure thereīs NO WAY to get your period a few hours after having sex and get pregnant at the same time.

Thanks.

anne**
Neophyte
Member # 29298

I just took EC to be on the safe side.... I know you said I shouldnīt but I went to the not 2 late site and they said it will do no harm and may do some good.
Iīm just looking for some peace of mind.

Can you guys finally say Im 100% free of a risk?

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Having your period means the body "knows" you're not pregnant, and it therefore sheds the endometrium. Even without the EC, you were assuredly not pregnant from the situation you described.

You've been told multiple times on this board that the activities you're participating in aren't all that risky. If you continue to worry, it might be best to abstain from partnered sexual activity altogether.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anne**
Neophyte
Member # 29298

Today is the second day of my period and is becoming lighter and lighter. My period usually lasts 6 days and the first couple of days is kind of heavy.

Whatīs going on?? I donīt think is beacuse of the EC since I took it this morning (9:30 am)

Iīm very scared, please help me =(

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

EC can screw with your cycle. This cycle (and a few after it) may not be what you're used to.

You really had no chance of pregnancy to begin w/. You did not need EC. I second Laurens idea of holding off on sexual activity for now.

You can take a pregnancy test 10-14 days after the risk, if it'll make you feel better.

Other than this, there is nothing else for us to say to you We've told you numerous times you've had no risk and it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant. I'm going to close this thread now.

If you have any questions/comments regarding the closure of this thread, please email boards@scarleteen.com

--------------------
~ unknown

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.