Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » paranoidx5

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: paranoidx5
wasz13
Neophyte
Member # 30352

Icon 4 posted      Profile for wasz13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok this will take awhile to explain.
me and my boyfriend had never had sex. and im not officially ready.almost a week ago we still wanted a "preview" of what sex would be like so he stuck his penis in me(unprotected) and took it out. ive been so paranoid about the whole thing ever since. ive been looking online at symptoms of pregnancy and i keep thinking i have them. i have to pee more often but i cant really tell cuz i dont remember hwo i used to pee before. i have been belching more often but i dont know if thats because im paranoid. i know he didnt jiz in me because like we kept doing stuff afterwards and i gave him head and he jizzed then. i have a tingly feeling in my stomach but i always get that feeling when i have anxiety which i do alot. my periods usually dont come exactly the same time every month and last month they came at around the 13th of july because iremember i had surgery on the 20th of july for my knee. i was only on my medications for my knee about 2 weeks afterwards. am i pregnant or just paranoid?

Posts: 8 | From: omaha | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the thing- trying to look for symptoms of pregnancy is HIGHLY unreliable. Most of the symptoms that are common in early pregnnacy are also even MORE common in a number of other ailments (like the belching could just be from gas, the stomach ache from indigestion gas or nerves, etc.) Also, for the record, more frequent urination during pregnancy comes from pressure on the bladder from the growing fetus later in a pregnancy- you would not be experiencing that now.

When was this risk? You can take a pregnancy test as early as 10-14 days after a risk to get an accurate result.

This would have also presented STI risks. You and your boyfriend should plan on both getting a full STI screening (even if you've had no previous partners) about a month from now, and one about 6 months after that.

Also, hon, it may be time for you and your boyfriend to REALLY address your boundaries and the fact that you ARE having sex. If you are not comfortable havign sex yet and don't think your ready, you need to stick to that, because what you're doing now IS sexual activity. And I'm not talking about just penetration - unprotected oral sex presents big STI risks, as well.

Check out these articles for a better idea - you may even want to read them with your partner so you're both on the same page:

Ready or Not? The Sex Readiness Checklist
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
STI Risk Assessment

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.