Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » White bump

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: White bump
alohomora
Neophyte
Member # 30288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alohomora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry if this is a bit detailed, I just want to make sure I'm clear enough.

A couple of days ago I noticed this white bump which seems to be on the side of my clitoris. I was doing a bit of "exploring" because I could never actually find it, but when I pulled back what I think is the hood, I saw this small white bump emerge. When I touched it it was sensitive, but that area is sensitive anyway, so it might not be because of the bump.

I have no idea how long it's been there, maybe for a long time, or recent. No idea. I haven't had sex in a year and have been tested for the usual STDs, which came back negative, but I never got a full screening. I've only been with one guy and he was tested about three years before we had sex for the first time, but he hadn't had sex in those three years, and I know he wasn't lying. But anything's possible I guess.

I plan on making an appointment with my doctor, but I just wanted to ask if anyone had any idea of what this may be? I can't even explore more because it makes me too nervous. (I'm a bit of a hypochondriac.) I did some searching online and didn't come up with much.

Any help would be appreciated. [Smile]

Posts: 3 | From: MA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be sure and get into your doc's office as soon as possible: just tell the receptionist you have a sore on your clitoris, and she'll get it. With sores like this, the doc needs to be able to see them to give you a sound diagnosis, so you don't want to risk it going away.

Can I ask for a little more info on this bump? If you look at it really cloesly, does the head of it look like a tiny cauliflower? Or does it look more like a pimple? Or is the top of it red at all?

Do you have any other symptoms right now?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alohomora
Neophyte
Member # 30288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alohomora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no symptoms, and there is no redness, it just looks like the head of a needle. Quite small.

I actually found this site and it's pretty much what I've seen. Just the way it's described. I've never heard of smegma, but should it still warrant a trip to the doctor's?

Posts: 3 | From: MA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If that's all it is, take a long hot bath, give some attention with your fingers to just massaging where it is, and it should loosen pretty easily.

But if it is affixed and looks like that, especially given what's in that photo also looks an awful lot like a genital wart, do go in and see your GYN/doc ASAP.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alohomora
Neophyte
Member # 30288

Thanks, I'm going to try that. If it doesn't go away I'm going to make an appointment.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.