Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » This area is for staff and volunteer replies ONLY, please.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This area is for staff and volunteer replies ONLY, please.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a reminder to users: please do NOT reply to a post you have not started in this area of the boards.

For various reasons, users sometimes want both fast and staff or volunteer-only answers to a question, usually because they are not asking for an opinion, but for as informed an answer to their question as possible, or for an answer specifically from the perspective of someone directly affiliated with Scarleteen.

All other areas of the boards are areas in which any user may reply, and where users may post who are actively seeking any and all replies.

Users who continually cannot follow this directive may have their posting privledges suspended. For everyone's sake (including that of the volunteers who have to answer questions, moderate discussions AND clean up wayward posts), please keep your replies to user's posts to the rest of the boards.

Thanks!

[ 06-09-2006, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Miz Scarlet ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cakkesxo
Neophyte
Member # 29612

Icon 9 posted      Profile for cakkesxo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me my boyfriend were fooling around..like usual, and he inserted his finger(s) into my vagina. A day or two after that or maybe a bit more, brown stuff started coming out of my vagina, like a period but not nearly as heavy. only a tiny bit..What is this? I'm quite worried because i heard it can be dangeroous, i cant tell anyone like my mom, and i cant book a dcotors appoint ment..please help!='(
Posts: 2 | From: Ontario | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XpressMyself
Neophyte
Member # 29760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XpressMyself     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This seems a little wierd to say or even ask, but im desperate to find out anyway. see my boyfriend and i have been having sex for quite a while now, i actually lost my virginity in November of 2005. i do believe it was about a couple of weeks or even months(not too sure) that during the event of us being together in his room alone having sex that i began to feel a little wierdness kind of pain in my stomach(kind of how if your on a rollar coaster and you go down you feel that tingling in your stomach), and i didnt know what to do except lay down for a few minuetes, being that it hurt that much. that was the first pain of that sort. ever since ive been ok during our intercoarse, except when he puts in a position that i begin to feel it again. Im embarrassed to say: i only feel it when im laying down with him in the middle of me holding up my legs, or when he is behind me. It's like he's hitting something, like a barrier, and i can feel it. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
Posts: 1 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's probably hitting your cervix. The vaginal canal doesn't go on forever, and most women find it uncomfortable (or sometimes painful) when their cervix gets bumped into.

It's not going to cause you permanent damage, but you might want to avoid positions where your cervix gets bumped a lot if you're feeling uncomfortable.

(And you can start a new thread in this area if you want.)

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxsmplyxsweet
Neophyte
Member # 29776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxsmplyxsweet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently just had sex for the first time and have been nervous ever since about getting pregnant. We used a condom and i planned it around my period so i could make it harder just incase something happened not to get pregnant..should i be worried??

--------------------
Ashley <3

Posts: 8 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If a condom was used for all genital contact, and did not tear or slip off, you have had no pregnancy risk.

(In the future, please start a new thread for questions in this area - this particular thread was never intended for questions. Thanks!)

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
princessj1128
Neophyte
Member # 30064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for princessj1128     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ 07-29-2006, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: jae2806 ]

--------------------
Love is like the sun coming out of the clouds
and warming your soul.

- Author Unknown -

Posts: 3 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dimplez
Neophyte
Member # 30121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dimplez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a scottsh cheese discharge, with a red rash and it is itchy can you tell me what it is and if it is serious

--------------------
Dp

Posts: 1 | From: Caribbean | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly a yeast infection, definitely a vaginal infection of some kind. A trip to the doctor is in order so you can be properly diagnosed and treated.

(In the future, if you have a question, please start a new thread for it - that'll help ensure that your question gets answered because it's easier to see. Thanks!)

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xjillyx90
Neophyte
Member # 30166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xjillyx90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay so my bf jst told me he didnt use a condom at first cus he couldnt get hard but he put it on when he got hard could i still be pregnent
Posts: 2 | From: ri | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you had unprotected intercourse, yes, you could get pregnant. If that's the case, then you have 120 hours to obtain emergency contraception, if you do not wish to become pregnant.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whoxwillxprevail
Neophyte
Member # 30258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whoxwillxprevail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every once in awhile, my vagina get really itchy. My discharge is normal, atleast i think. I dont smell "bad", but i still have a smell down there. Its not like my vagina is itchy every day, it happens maybe once a week and only for a few hours. Any ideas?
Posts: 1 | From: Illinois | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can, by the way, start your own thread in this area, it is only replies that are limited.

You really should see a doctor about this-- we can't give you a diagnosis online, and we aren't even doctors, but ANY unusual itchy needs to be checked out, because it can indicate infection.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BastisGirl
Neophyte
Member # 30486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BastisGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so, I have irregular periods, Maybe 2 or 3 a year. I was on my period starting last Saturday, I had sex for the first time on the following Sunday and everyday after that for a week without a condom. He came in me about 15 times or more. Do you think I am pregnant? Is there a good chance? How good of a chance?
Posts: 3 | From: greeneville, TN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have a very HIGH risk of pregnancy here. You also have a very HIGH risk for STIs.

You can take a pregnancy test 10-14 days after the last risk or the first day of a missed period. If it's negative, take another in a week or so. If it's positive, you need to see your doctor.

You also need to see your doctor about STI testing, if you and your partner have not already been tested and are monogomous.

If you'd like to avoid pregnancy (and STIs), you need to be using condoms.

Have you seen your doctor about your irregular periods?

(You can start your own topics here, which would probably lead to your question getting answered faster.)

[ 08-27-2006, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: LilBlueSmurf ]

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ava leahy
Neophyte
Member # 30565

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ava leahy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi,recently my boyfriend hasnt been lasting as long during intercourse as he used to...
he's gone from lasting hours to minutes basically and we cant understand what has been causing the sudden change...he thinks my vagina has tightened but is that possible?

--------------------
thanks...
xxxx
AvA
xxxx

Posts: 2 | From: ireland | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hi_im_ray
Neophyte
Member # 30671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hi_im_ray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've read in a few articles on the internet that semen smells like cleaning products, laundry rooms, etc. My semen smells exactly like peaches though and I was wondering if you can tell me why or if somethings wrong with me. I'm 15 and I'm a virgin. I don't want to ask neither of my parents because it'd be way too weird. Thanks.
Posts: 1 | From: alaska | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz01
Neophyte
Member # 30699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liz01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently had a yeast Infection and I had sexual intercourse with my boyfriend, now he has some sort of rash or something on his penis, Is this normal and If so what should he do?
Posts: 3 | From: new york,ny | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz01
Neophyte
Member # 30699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liz01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry disregard this, I meant to post this quetion not reply to you
Posts: 3 | From: new york,ny | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alkaline
Neophyte
Member # 30997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alkaline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi i just finished going through puberty and was wondering how long my penis should be? is there an average length?
Posts: 2 | From: michigan | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skittles666
Neophyte
Member # 31015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skittles666     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i have a quick question...kinda. well, i got bcp because i couldnt afford it. about 2 weeks later my bf and i had sex. we used a condom and he came. we tok it off blah blah. well we went at it again and we used another condom but he wouldnt get off or anything so i pulled off the condom and gave him oral for a few. then i got on top of him. How possibel is it for me to get pregnant??
Posts: 5 | From: Transylvania | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalalovelykissss
Neophyte
Member # 31423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalalovelykissss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi. i was just wondering if boys can feel themselves getting an erection.

plz someone who knows for sure just reply w/ a yes or no. thnx.

--------------------
-Maydee

Posts: 1 | From: churchill | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
new@this
Neophyte
Member # 31470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for new@this     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am 16 and never gone to the DR. about anything i live with my dad and cant ask him to take me and my mom lives in NY so can i go with my cousion or something because i dont feel right about it and i need to go ASAP!!! plez help!!

--------------------
luv britz

Posts: 1 | From: Missouri | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kajol18
Neophyte
Member # 31628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kajol18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I sort of had sex. The head of his penis only went half way into my vagina, but it did not tear, or atleast I did not feel any pain. It was our first time and was unprotected. I don't know if that's what you would consider sex. In between, we gave each other oral. He didn't ejaculate inside of me, but there was some pre-ejaculation or a possibility of it in me. I am worried about pregnancy, even though I had just finished having my period cycle three days before. I was told that I can't take a pregnancy test yet. What should I do?

--------------------
*B*P*

Posts: 1 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sex is when anyone does something for the purpose of sexual gratification or interest.

Vaginal intercourse is the entry of the penis into the vagina. For many women, there is nothing TO tear: even women with partial hymens (and the hymen is at the vaginal opening when it's still there) will often not experience bleeding or tearing when the sex isn't forced or rough.

So, by either count, you had sex and you had intercourse. The depth of the penis makes no matter, not by definition, and certainly not when it comes to STIs or pregnancy risks.

You can't take a pregnancy test yet but you can do something even more useful if this just happened: you can prevent pregnancy by obtaining emergency contraception as soon as possible: it will work up to 120 hours after a risk, but the sooner you get it, the more effective it is.

(And just for the record, on average, most women are most fertile mid-cycle, and sperm can live up to five days inside the vagina, so assuming this was a low-risk time isn't sound.)

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ktlynn
Neophyte
Member # 31746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktlynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so I have a question! Mastrabation with hot tub jets - does that classify as having sex? Any ideas?
Posts: 4 | From: us | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Masturbation is sex: it's just sex with yourself.

When most people say "having sex," they're usually talking about partnered sex.

(Going to lock this thread now, btw, not b/c your topic is a problem, but because this was an announcement thread not related to any of the questions people have posted to it. For future reference, either replying to a topic that's already like yours or starting a new topic is the best way to get your question seen.))

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Open Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.