Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » just some questions for a new user

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just some questions for a new user
justxsome1
Neophyte
Member # 29048

Icon 5 posted      Profile for justxsome1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi! before i start to ask all of these questions, i just would like to say thank you, and this website is absolutly amazing and helped me ALOT!
as a summary, im 14, a complete and total virgin, and straight, if that will help at all. what i have questions about are: foreplay (what is that?), masturbation (again, what is that?) and how can you tell when you get an orgasm? i know what they are and why they happen but im not really sure how you can tell when you get one. also, i know there are alot of questions about discharge, and im not really sure if mine is normal. firstly, i get it very, very, heavy all year round. second, it smells really bad and that makes me so self concious. even right after showers i still smell pretty bad, and not only is it embarassing, but really disgusting. and ive tried feminine deoderant but still, it doesnt last forever. lastly, mine is clear and "pasty," but occasionally discolered, or not clear. like sometimes its greenish-clear or just not right looking but i know for sure its not a yeast infection. but most of the time it is normal colered. im just sooo confused and a bit worried so i really need you help with these things, even if its not clear to you or you cannot answer some of these questions, i still really appreciate you reading this and helping other people as well.
i hope all of this made sense to you and thankyou again for everything.

~justxsome1~

Posts: 19 | From: united states | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Per the discharge, greenish discharge is often the sign of a bacterial infection. So, you need to go into your GYN, sexual health clinic, or general doctor very soon, especially given how long this may be going on. Untreated infections can lead to pretty serious complications. Always having discharges is normal, as it's how the vagina cleans itself, but it shouldn't be greenish or have a very strong odor.

And do NOT use feminine "deoderants." That may well be how you've gotten an infection to begin with: they're not good for your vagina, and tend to knock its natural flora out of whack.

"Foreplay" is a term used to describe sexual activities people may engage in before an act of sexual intercourse: oral sex, manual sex, making out, etc. Of course, it's a pretty messed-up way of looking at sex,, heterosexist at a minimum, as many people enjoy all those activities AS sex, and many people don't engage in intercourse at all.

Here's some links for your other questions:

Is Masturbation Okay? (Yep)
Sexual Response and Orgasm: A User's Guide
url=http://www.scarleteen.com/sexuality/10things.html]Ten of the Best Things You Can Do For Your Sexual Self (at any age)[/url]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justxsome1
Neophyte
Member # 29048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justxsome1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thankyou soooo much!!! i really appreciate this alot, and your a total life saver. ill go check out the doctors asap, and hopefully all will go well. thankyou again for being there for me and i absolutly love this website!!! now i know i can always look up to you guys, because at first i was totaly nervous, but i didnt want to wait just incase there were any problems. thanks once more!!!!!

~justxsome1~

Posts: 19 | From: united states | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.