Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » a couple question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a couple question
boogle-buddie
Neophyte
Member # 26589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boogle-buddie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here are a couple questions that i've been wondering for a while

1. what are the chances of getting pregnant? like a percentage? it seems like it would be extreamily easy, but even tho it does happen it doesnt happen as much as it seems it should?

2. does a larger penis usualy have a harder time getting fully errect? i have a pretty big penis (7 1/2 inches) and i dont get "rock hard". im not saying im limp, im deff. hard enough to have sex, its just not as hard as i could be. and i read alot of the posts on here that tell of people having hard times getting it in and it seems like that would be even harder with a penis that isnt extreamily hard.

3. is there a smaller chance of getting pregnant during a girls first time? i know alot of girls who had un-protected sex (and none of them were on the pill or used EC after) and none of them got pregnant?

4. what makes anal sex stimulating? it seems to me its just a mental thing and it only feels good b/c they think it feels good.

5. why do girls tend to keep their sexual feeling secret from everyone else more than boys do? is this caused by the image caused by the media or is it a natural instinct for girls?

6. is there any truth behind the idea of girls who were molested as children tend to be more open to sex later in life? one guy was joking around and said "i'm gonna rape my daughter so she will be more popular with the boys in highschool when she grows up" (i broke his nose for saying that..i hate child molestors more than anything) alot of people confide in me b/c i keep secrets and i realized that alot of my friends who were molested are more open about it, but then some are completly closed and hate sex with a passion?

7. is the g.spot typically more sensitive than the clit? it seems like alot of people consider it an orgasm switch, but i really dont think thats the case?

8. if girls have sex for a long time (lets say an hour and a half?) could it hurt them? exspecialy if its their first time?

sorry for the long post
thank you

Posts: 31 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's an awful lot of questions. I can answer them in brief, but really, if you take some time reading a lot of the articles at the site itself, it'll help answer many of them, too.

1. There is no percentage for any one incident of intercourse. For numerous reasons, that's just not possible. But, of those who have unprotected sex for a year, rates generally show that around 80% or so will become pregnant.

2. No, that makes no difference, as your penis is constructed like any other.

3. No, there is not. The small number of women you know got lucky. Lucky them: my mother wasn't so lucky.

4. Well, for men, it's because of stimulation of the prostate gland (the male equivalent of the g-spot), for women, because of milder stimulus to the whole area, and for all genders, the anus has sensory nerve endings like other parts of the genitals do.

5. No one can say what is "natural" in that regard, and how much or how little one talks about sexuality has little to do with gender. Culture influences some of that, and certainly our culture often allows for men to be more sexually assertive, but men are often just as uncommunicative about sex with partners as women are.

6. Rape and sex aren't the same thing. Plenty of abuse survivors have boundary issues because of their abuse: in other words, for some of us, there are periods where learning to say no or knowing we even will have boundaries respected is difficult, but calling that "openess to sex," would be a serious misnomer, and it also isn't the case for everyone. Not feeling able to say no isn't openess.

7. That varies from woman to woman, but the clitoris -- to which the g-spot is connected -- has more sensory nerve endings than any other part of the male or female body, so technically, it is more sensitive than any body part at all.

8. Very few people of any gender will enjoy -- or be able to sustain -- penis-in-vagina intercourse for an hour and a half solid, if that is what you mean by "sex." (The average adult man, let alone a younger man, ejaculates from intercourse far, far more quickly than that, too.) Couples who have long, extended sex sessions tend to do so with a variety of sexual activities, instead.

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 12-18-2005).]

Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boogle-buddie
Neophyte
Member # 26589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boogle-buddie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you for taking the time to answer my questions

but in regard to question #8
i've heard of some sexual technique where the man gets close to orgasm then pulls out for a little bit and then after he calms down a bit starts again and it said that, when done correctly, sex could last for hours? now hours doesnt seem like something that would be very good b/c it seems like it might take some of the fun out and become like an exorcize, but when i saw this i got curious and wondered if it would hurt the girl?

Posts: 31 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, the real issue is that hours of intercourse and nothing else is just not likely to be enjoyable, especially for women, when you consider that for a majority of women, intercourse alone just isn't very physically fulfilling nor does it lead to orgasm all by itself.

So, painful? Eh, probably not so much, unless a woman becomes unaroused (which is a strong possibility, especially if you're treating her body like an experiment in your endurance), and then it would be. Just a big yawner? That's more likely.

Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boogle-buddie
Neophyte
Member # 26589

thank you

yea hours deff. doesnt sound like fun? like i said, it seems like it would become an excorsize.

i thought of a couple more questions..sorry in advance

1. during a girls first time, does it hurt thru the entire time? or only the beginning? i understand it probably changes from person to person, but what about on average?

2. i have a friend (he lies alot ) but one time he said that the average girl can only be penetrated 6inches. is there any truth behind that?

3. is parental consent necesarry for girls to get birth control pills?

4. if the clit is the most sensative spot, how did the rumor of the g-spot being a magic button for and orgasm come about?

5. do you get paid for doing this? you deff. should! if you dont, you guys should start a fund, i'm sure you would get donation. i'll send half of my weekly pay check

thank you again

Heather
Member # 3

Remember that part where I suggested you explore the site?

I'm going to suggest it again. Start at the main page, explore. You can read about how deep the average vagnal canal is, what first intercourse can be like and intercourse in general per women, female sexual anatomy, the whole works. It's all there. Go on and spend some time really reading: we're utterly down with answering questions the reading creates for you.

Scarleteen is supported only by private donations. As of the last year -- pretty much only, and only due to a generous private grant -- I do net a modest salary, but our volunteers are all unpaid and generously donate their time for free. You can also find out about how to donate on the front page of the site, too.

boogle-buddie
Neophyte
Member # 26589

haha thank you
and i'm gonna take money out of my paycheck every week to give to you's and i'll send it when the amount seems reasonable

but one last question

i searched the site but didnt find it, maybe its there and i just missed it (i've been up for 2 days straight..im alittle tired ) but how high is the risk of pregnancy is there is no condom used but there is birth control? i heard its about the same but thought i'd ask you.

thank you once again

[This message has been edited by boogle-buddie (edited 12-18-2005).]

boogle-buddie
Neophyte
Member # 26589

im sorry about the double post, but i added a question to my last reply after it was posted for a while and im not sure if you guys will see it b/c i put it in by editing it.
Heather
Member # 3

There are many forms of birth control. Condoms are one form, the pill another, the patch one more...

If you mean the birth control pill, if it is used correctly, the risks of pregnancy are incredibly smaller, substantially less than with condom use alone. It's generally less than a 1% risk.

Just remember, though, that statistically, the risks of STIs for young adults are HIGHER than the risks of pregnancy, so not thinking of safer sex as well -- and thus using latex barriers like condoms, in addition to screenings -- is foolhardy.

boogle-buddie
Neophyte
Member # 26589

thank you

and i've been tested and if me and my girlfriend would decide to have sex, i would make her get tested too, even tho she is a virgin?

wait..if she is a virgin do you think it is necessary for her to get one?

and i get the feeling you might have misunderstood my last question (it was my fault, sorry) but i ment how big is the risk if the man DIDNT wear a condom but the girl was on the pill. maybe you did understand, but now im misunderstanding you? haha this is getting confusing so i'll end with that

thank you

[This message has been edited by boogle-buddie (edited 12-18-2005).]

Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Miz Scarlet understood you perfectly, but to reiterate what she said:

The pill on its own (when taken correctly) is actually more effective as birth control than condoms on their own. Pregnancy risk is quite low if you use the pill on its own.

However, the pill will not protect you from any STIs, which is why we recommend always using condoms unless both you and your partner are monogamous for at least, and have both had full STI screens at the beginning and end of that period.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.