Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » not up for condoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: not up for condoms
ceresbaistat
Activist
Member # 23736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ceresbaistat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I have been together exclusively for seven months now, have both been tested negative for any STD/Is, and I have been on birth control consistantly for about eight months now. Since we became sexually active, we never felt the need for a condom.

But I want to try using one.

The only problem is, the very thought of wearing one makes him soft, no matter how aroused he is before. He has told e tis is because he hates the way they feel. Can I get any suggestions on how this may be helped? He's uncut if that makes any difference.

Posts: 52 | From: Seabrook, TX | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Acually, you've not been together long enough to go without a condom and really minimize your STD risk. ST suggests that you are monogamous with a partner for 12 months with TWO clear STD screens 6 months apart to really declare each other STD-free.

uncircumcised men can use condoms just fine. most men on this earth have foreskins, and that really does not stop them from applying a rubber. it might feel nicer for him if he used a dab of water-based lube inside the ocndom. not oto much or it'll slip. but i'm willing to bet that his aversion to condoms is largely psychological (the brain has almost EVERYTHING to do with how the penis functions). he's just gotta train himself to like the condoms. and that may include trying them on and finding a brand that offers a good fit.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.