Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » need BC

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need BC
Member # 24731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for latinachica30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been sexually active for a few months, and I want to get birth control and to get medical help with anything I might need. Is there anywhere I can in Chicago where I can get this help for free and in total confidence. My parents will not agree to me getting help, so they will not give me the money. Is there anywhere I can go myself?
Posts: 2 | From: Chicago, IL, United States | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Planned Parenthood may be able to help you out.

I have to say though, with no money and no other way to receive healthcare, are you sure you're ready to be sexually active right now? What would you do with an unexpected pregnancy or an STI?

Ready or Not? The Readiness Checklist

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3

Search Scarleteen