Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Confused again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused again
NarriDavis
Neophyte
Member # 24728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NarriDavis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay im just gonna get to the point
when me and my boyfriend have send i bleed because i rip, it not like his penis is huge or anything but it rips and it hurts we tried everything, if it keeps up will it rip to far back (if you know that i mean) and is there a surgery that i can get to fix it?

Posts: 4 | From: ft. pierce fl usa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have a substantial tear in or anround your vagina, the first step is to get to your doctor or gynecologist and have them take a look at it. What you may simply have is a partial hymen that was torn, but it may be something else.

Without knowing the details, it's hard to know if you truly do have a serious injury right now or not, or to know if it can heal or not, not seeing its extent. So, start there. You're sexually active, so you should be seeing a healthcare proffessional for an annual exam and STI screening every year, anyway.

Until you do that, hold off on any vaginal entry, with a penis or with fingers.

AFTER that's taken care of, the usual answer is about arousal and lubrication. If you are NOT highly aroused and seriously lubricated, don't attempt vaginal intercourse until you ARE, always. If it hurts, stop doing it, because that's a clear sign you are not aroused and lubricated yet, or have other factors which are impeding your arousal (like being nervous, anticipating pain, and/or having a condition like vaginismus or an infection or injury).

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepageST blogabout Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 67955 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.