Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » sex drive

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sex drive
King
Neophyte
Member # 21722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it true that girls (on average) have the same sex drive as guys???

and dont you think it would help if us guys knew what turned a girl on?, cuz for some of us its realy hard!

Posts: 34 | From: Hamilton | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
y'know, sex drive can be tough to measure. do you measure in terms of how often a person thinks erotic thoughts? how many minutes of a day they feel sexually aroused? how often they have partnerned sex? how often they seek sexual release? i don't know, it's tricky. some guys have low drives, some girls have high drives.

given that the population is as large as it is, i'm willing to bet (statistically), that if you picked a measure of libido, it would show that the average libidos of both men and women are normally distributed, and that the difference in population mean libido is insignificant. that means (translated from statistician speak) there's probably not much difference in overal libido. there might be if you broke it down into age groups. but that depends.

you also have to consider if there's a difference in the biological purposes men and women have to pursue sex. you can learn this from plenty of the documentaries they have on tv. if our reasons for wanting sex are different, maybe evolution has wired men and women a little differently for libido. anyway, chew on that.

then you asked

quote:
and dont you think it would help if us guys knew what turned a girl on?, cuz for some of us its realy hard!

NO, i don't. I think it would help YOU if you knew what turned one girl on. this is something you can only learn on a case by case basis. if you can't get that into your head, you're going to have a string of annoyed girlfriends who think you think all women are into the same thing. and trust me, if you ever say, "but my last girlfriend liked this," she's probably going to get pissed off. you just can't assume that there's one universal thing that's going to turn ever girl on this earth on in the same way.

you are going to have to learn to ask your partner what she likes. and you are going to have to repeat this process for every girl you have for the rest of your life. you don't always have to start from scratch, but you are going to have to learn a few new things for every new partner you get.

want ot see how wide the range of answers goes? read the following thread: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000574.html

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

[This message has been edited by Gumdrop Girl (edited 02-01-2005).]

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.