Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I NEED HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I NEED HELP!
mizzangel
Neophyte
Member # 20633

Icon 4 posted      Profile for mizzangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok im 16 years old. i'va had sex like 6 or 7 times. the first time i had sex i bled but i know thats normal. but then the time after that i bled again. well couple times after that i didnt bleed, but then when i had sex last week i bled again. i dont know if this is normal or not. but im getting worried. i wanted to ask my mom but before i did i wanted to see if i could an answer on here first.i dont know if its just because he is big considering im small. i dont know. someone please help me. thankz
Posts: 7 | From: alvin,texas USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bleeding during sex can be caused by things other than a tearing/eroding hymen (which is that whole "bleeding during your first time" thing that people talk about). It's usually caused by not having enough lubrication.

Your genital/vaginal tissues are really very delicate--think of the inside of your mouth. And when there isn't enough lubrication for a penis or finger or object to get in, the friction can result in irritation or little tears to that tissue.

Luckily, there's an easy way to prevent that in future: using condom-safe lubrication with your condoms or latex gloves. You can find lubes near condoms in grocery or drugstores, with brands like Astroglide or KY Jelly. This can help make sexual activity feel better for everyone involved. An added bonus is that they help to keep condoms from breaking!

If the bleeding continues or is very heavy, yes, you should get to a doctor, but if you're only having light spotting, keep the area clean and don't have sexual contact again till it heals up.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"And when the answer that you want/Is in the question that you state/Come what may..." - Coheed and Cambria, "Blood Red Summer"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.