Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Cure for Flat Nipples?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cure for Flat Nipples?
The Shy One
Activist
Member # 6815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Shy One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I was just wondering if this product is safe to treat flat nipples. Not for the purpose of breast feeding, but for aesthetic purposes.
http://www.motheringfromtheheart.com/catalog/20.html

Posts: 94 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inverted nipples don't need to be treated: they aren't a medical condtion, just a normal variation.

What you've linked to won't make a physical or permanent change: if you read the text there, it makes clear that once the pads are off, unless an infant is latching on to your nipple, the nipple will go back down. This product is for breastfeeding mothers having trouble doing so due to inverted nipples.

In addition, a constant suction on your nipples is likely to be both uncomfortable and to cause burst blood vessels, soreness, possible scarring and hardening of the tissue.

While most folks don't really want their nipples obvious and sticking out all day, if you do, I know there are small prosthetics I've seen drag queens use during shows that can be worn inside brassieres.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.