Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Why Is It?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why Is It?
DiamondGirl2K
Activist
Member # 9162

Icon 5 posted      Profile for DiamondGirl2K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Scarleteen,
Back in May, I had intercourse for the first time with my boyfriend. I was stressed that I was pregnant and therefore, my period was about 2 weeks late. Usually my period is right on time and comes every 28 days. Then in June my period was late by 4 days. I'm not sure when to expect my period because the last couple of months have been shaky. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that I've started having intercourse cause that's what my boyfriend says. But that is what it seems like. My question is could my period wonkiness be due to the fact that I've started having intercourse? If anyone has any input on what they think this might be, then it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edited to say that I've been menstruating for about 9 years and I thought my period would've been regulated itself by now.

------------------
DiamondGirl
Boogie Black
9~27~01
@<<-----
Still Going Strong!
Forever and Always!

[This message has been edited by DiamondGirl2K (edited 07-29-2003).]

Posts: 137 | From: The Home of The Greatest: NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having any kind of sex cannot alter your menstual cycle unless you become pregnant. A penis has no powers of that kind any more than a vibrator, your fingers, tampons, et.c do, which is to say none. Sometimes though, stress and anxiety due to intercourse can cause disruptions.

It's perfectly normal to have changes and shifts in your cycle during your life. Hormones aren't stagnant or static, and lifestyle changes of all kinds can have an impact.

But you cerainly can mention it to your GYN at your next appointment.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.