Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » what do i have?

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what do i have?
Member # 13114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manda2397     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ever since the last time my boyfriend and i had intercourse i have been having a painful feeling when i pee. it doesn't hurt while i am peeing, but right at the end it does. it feels like i can't finish going to the bathroom and it really hurts. i have had urinary tract infections before and it doesn't feel like one of those. every time that we have intercourse i get this same feeling, but usually just for a day or two after. my boyfriend has a larger sized penis, and at certain angles during intercourse i get the same feeling when it goes in deeply. im wondering if maybe he is hitting something he shouldn't and thats whats causing the pain? or maybe im allergic to the condoms we have used? thanks..
Posts: 13 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi manda,

severe pain during or after intercourse, like you described, should be checked out by a health care professional, to make sure all is okay.

There are several possible reasons for the symptoms you describe, such as an allergy to the condoms or lube that you use or an infection, and your health care professional will be able to examine you and evaluate what's up.
Urinary Tract Infections can be low grade or chronic, and need to be treated to avoid that a bladder infection moves upwards to the kidneys. Some STDs can cause pain during and after intercourse, too.

Apart from that, if you've been using spermicidal condoms, switch to plain ones. Use a simple water based lube at all times and make sure you are aroused and wanting intercourse when you have it. Pee before and after sexual activity to avoid a Urinary tract infection.
FYI, during intercourse, the penis can sometimes hit the cervix, which some women like, but which hurts to others. Changing position can eliminate that problem.

But for now: have yourself checked out, to be sure all is okay.

~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"it may look like i'm moving but i'm standing still."
bob dylan

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3

Search Scarleteen