Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Ouch!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ouch!
krayzieqt55
Neophyte
Member # 12554

Icon 5 posted      Profile for krayzieqt55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday, I noticed there was a, what looked like, a scratch next to my clitoris. Today, the "scratch" is still visible but now, when i directly touch my clitoris, it seems as if it is much more sensitive or something (I don't know how to describe the feeling exactly). The thing is, I am just about at the end of my period and on light-pads for the past 2 days. I'm wondering if this may be just an irritation from the pads or something more serious, because my boyfriend and I ARE sexually active. Please help.
Posts: 26 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi krayzieqt55,

it's impossible for me to say what exactly is to blame for the increased sensitivity of your clitoris which you noticed.

Like you wondered, slight chafing from your pad might be to blame, it could be the time of your cycle, too. - Many women notice that they are more aroused and more easily stimulated (or have more sensitive genitals) at certain points in their cycles.

Regarding the scratch: scratches on your gentials can easily happen, for example through rough masturbation or manual sex without sufficient lubrication, or through jewellery when changing your pad or tampon.

In any way, I wouldn't stress at all right now about either, and instead take a wait and see approach.

If you find you're still concerend about what's going on with yoru genitals in a few days, going to a doc can of course never harm.
Also, if you're sexually active and worrying about STDs, I wholeheartedly recommend getting regular screens and practising Dafer Sex.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: Well, I'm not good and I'm okay.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.