Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » cystitis?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cystitis?
insatiablesmiles
Activist
Member # 6228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for insatiablesmiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey
hoping someone can help me out here, i'm pretty sure i've got cystitis, haven't had it before, but have unpleasant burning sensation when urinate, and i had a lot of sex this weekend [not seen partner for 3 months....] - am i right that this can be a causal factor in cystitis?
anyway. i also managed on saturday night to forget to take my pill for the first time ever [ironic], but have since taken emergency contraception. this week is my pill free week, so i'm due a period, which leads into my next query- i am either getting my period or have blood in my urine. and can't work out which!
if it's the latter, should i be concerned? or just put it down to vaginal soreness following a lot of intercourse?
another problem is that i can't get to a doctor until friday, and i don't know if there's anything i can do to combat the cystitis without a prescription - is there?
hope someone can give me a hand here, any advice, and if anything needs clarifying...i'll try!

-ruthi

------------------
- you think you're the only one who's sexually frustrated?
- well come on baby , i'm ready!

[ american beauty ]

http://thebitch.mustbehere.com

Posts: 100 | From: london, england | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blood in you urine could indicate a kidney infection, which could be quite serious. I'd advise getting to a doctor or clinic ASAP, and I really do mean that. Until then, drink lot of water, and cranberry juice (unsweetened) or take cranberry capsules, and avoid sexual contact and using anything but the mildest soap, if you use soap at all, in that area.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS

Better living through Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.