Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » second part of previous question-further explanation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: second part of previous question-further explanation
ButtercupSweetheart
Neophyte
Member # 9812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ButtercupSweetheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My answer asked what i used it fer. my bf using a ltex glove in place of a condom since we didnt buy any yet cuz we hadnt gone o the mall yet. it was in use fer anal sex i do believe. I hope that helps the person that answered my question fer a further and better explanation and i thank you fer the one you have given already as well.
Posts: 22 | From: LA, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condoms are rigorously tested to ensure that they are effective in preventing STDs and pregnancy when used for intercourse.

Gloves aren't, because they're simply not designed to be used to cover a penis during intercourse, let alone anal intercourse (which can create a greater risk of condom breakage).

In future, if you haven't got the right safer sex equipment on hand, then wait until you do before having sex. "Improvising" in this way can put you at serious risk.

Since there's no way of knowing how much (if any) protection the glove provided, you also have to proceed on the basis that you've had unprotected anal intercourse, which is one of the highest-risk activities around when it comes to STD transmission (and which can also create a risk of pregnancy if semen leaks onto the vulva).

So both you and your partner need to find out about getting screened for STDs, and you should take a pregnancy test (which you can do when it's been 10-14 days since the sex in question, or after the first missed day of your period, whichever is sooner).

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.