Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » i feel like its an emergency all of a sudden

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i feel like its an emergency all of a sudden
applet_jacks
Activist
Member # 10256

Icon 4 posted      Profile for applet_jacks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, My sexual Health history is so insane.
I've had an operation removing some sex organs, and I've been raped, and I've had several partners, and things just got scary.

As of Dec. 2001 I was tested for every std. I was clean. I had been raped earlier the same year so figured I was safe from that.

When I got well from the operation, I was inlove and I am 20, require condoms and all the good things. Then somehow broke up with him and have slept with four guys since.

It is now October, I think my reproductive system is severly dysfunctional up because I had missed 3 periods in June, July, August. Now I have had two since. But I have a small tender sore on my outter labia.

I wanted to believe it was an ingrown hair from shaving... but three weeks and not healed and I am not having nice thoughts.

It released some kind of bloody/puss looking stuff.

The campus clinic isn't free, I don't have money or health care/insurance. I am not from this area, and somehow the campus thinks it is simply hilarious to not give us phone books so we can access off campus programs and businesses.

I have read all the articles on sti's and std's... I feel worse.

My friend is possibly going to try to give me the money his dad sends him next month, but I am sure it's only $50.

Do you have any idea's on normal average costs to be tested? And If anyone knows anything about Cleveland Co. Oklahoma please share. Maybe they have a county clinic somewhere. I mean I have seen the planned parenthood office, but I doubt they do testing...maybe I should call them to see if they know who does.

I am becoming frantic I suppose but I think this isn't a simple ingrown hair.I wish I was a complete virgin and only allowed hand holding still.

Thank you for taking the time to care enough to read this!

-xoxox- Me

Posts: 47 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, nearly all Planned Parenthoods do do testing, that's part of what they're there for. And most have a sliding scale. So, rather than make yourself nuts with worry, all you need to do is pick up the phone and call to find out.

Even inb the off-chance they don't, they will be able, no doubt, to refer you to a handful of local clinics. Let them know you need a GYN exam, and a full STD and STI screen and that no-cost or low-cost is vital.

Just a few thoughts for you: "virginity" isn't a technical term, it's a cultural one. And while not having any sexual partners offers some protection, it doesn't offer all. To boot, as a rape victim, I do hope you have it clear in your mind that one doesn't make a choice to be raped. It's terrible it happens but it does, and when it does, the best any of us can do is to take care of ourselves physically and emotionally the best we can. if you didn't get good counseling or support after your rape, I'd suggest you seek it out. Really, it can make a world of difference, and some of your tone says to me that you could use it.

In addition, you get to make your sexual choices from here on in. If you wish to be celibate for a while, you certainly can be. That is completely up to you and whatever is best for you is beyond fine. Seems like you need to take some time to figure out what you need.

Lastly, while you need tests to determine what's going on, it is possible that both these issues -- the sore and the menstrual irregularity -- are benign. You sound pretty strezzed to me, and that in and of itself can create irregularity. That sore also could be a benign cyst or indeed, a deeply ingorwn hair. So, try and relax a bit before you can get that appointment. While only there can you find out what's up, being this scared and stressed isn't good for your health, either.

Hang in there.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also did a search on the Planned Parenthood website for a list of health centers in Oklahoma.

You can reach the headquarters here:

Planned Parenthood of Central Oklahoma
405.528.0221 (voice)
405.528.1517 (fax)

Below is a list of the various health centers.

Central Oklahoma
619 NW 23rd
Oklahoma City

South Oklahoma
6048 S Western
Oklahoma City

Norman Clinic
2100 B W Lindsey
Norman

Midwest City Clinic
1200 S Air Depot
Midwest City

Edmond Clinic
3431 S Blvd #108
Edmond

Hope this helps.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.