Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » is it possible?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it possible?
alexus
Neophyte
Member # 10231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have read all previous msg's relating to this topic though have not found one quite similar. My long-term boyfriend and I, a year ago, attempted to have sex, (we are both virgins) though were unsuccessful as we didn't "fit" he could not get it in. He had protection and we were both lubricated but it wouldn't work. We have tried several other times and still have the same result. Is it possible I could be too small or tight? I am 18 years old and have never used a tampon either, i tried once and inserted it, not completely, i had to stop because i became nauseous and vomited. My b/f and I are both very happy with our relationship and both feel no pressure to have sex though i am slightly worried their could be something wrong with me, is this possible? and what should i do? If you have any advice it would be appreciated.
Posts: 1 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember that the vagina is designed to allow a baby through, so (unless you have a medical anomaly such as androgen insensitity syndrome, in which case you wouldn't have a uterus or periods either) it's not going to be "too small" for a penis.

However, if all penetration is impossible, it's possible that you could have a problem such as vaginismus (where the vaginal muscles tense up to make penetration impossible), or a very tough hymen which won't erode at all. So the best plan at this point would be for you to see a gynecologist and get things checked out.

And take a look at First Intercourse 101, if you haven't already.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.