Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Erection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Erection
jay99
Neophyte
Member # 6593

Icon 5 posted      Profile for jay99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason when ever me and my girlfriend try to have sex I can never get a full Erection. I have had sex before and I have never had this problem before. Also when I masturbate I have no problem at all getting a full erection. When Im with her I feel that I am fully aroused and I really want to but It seems like my body just wont let me. Any suggestions?
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you're having nno trouble on your own, chances are it's just nervousness, which is very, very common. So the best answer to that is simply to give it time so that over time, you can become more comfortable.

It's also worthwhile to check in with yourself and make sure that nervousness isn't stemming from a lack of readiness. While we can want to do something very muchm, that desire doesn't necessarily translate into actual readiness, and anxiety can sometimes be our mind and bodies' way of giving us a clue about that.

Take a look here: Ready or Not? The Readiness Checklist

Remember too, that readiness isn't something that we have once and then always do. It's situational.

So, take a look there, check in with yourself. And then take the pressure off. An erect penis or intercourse aren't required for physical or emotional intimacy, and the lack of one doesn't need to be any barrier to those things unless you set yourself up to make it one.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.