Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy tests??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy tests??
Dash1234
Neophyte
Member # 9263

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dash1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know i just posted something this morning but i went out today and I got pregnancy tests and they say that u can only test if ur pregnant when ur supposed to get ur period...is there any way u can take it like say for me...NOW?! cuz the suspense is killing me and i can't stop worrying i can't wait another week or so...it's already been two weeks since me and my bf had sex...please someone tell me I'm sorry if this question was already asked in the past but i couldn't find anything on it.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when you run a pregnancy test, you are testing for a hormone called human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG). this hormone is *only* produced during pregnancy. therefore, you have to wait for the fertilized egg to plant before the hormone is secreted and test becomes accurate.

so what does this have to do with waiting for a missed period? well, when you miss a period, that's a pretty good sign that the fertilized ovum has made itself comfy in the uterus. you can't count down to ovulation, but you can count backward to where it should have happened.

so keep your fingers crossed, and wait it out till your period should show up.

then go get the home preg. test and use it. good luck.

------------------
"In God we trust. All others must pay cash..." faw-choon kookie say.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.