Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » need advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need advice
tito
Neophyte
Member # 9231

Icon 11 posted      Profile for tito     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im really worried right now me and my girl friend have been having sex like 3 times in the last two weeks two weeks ago was our firts time we really havent been using protection but i never really went all the way inside of her and well i did not come in her either but every time i came i would clean my self and like 10 minutes later we will do it again what are the chances that something did happen what is the minimum you must do to get someone pregnant (i feel like an idiot should i really be putting my self down that much) i have never had someone to ask questions like this before im glad i found this site . thanks if anyone can help.
Posts: 21 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi tito,
Well, the first thing is that your girlfriend may be pregnant. I suggest refraining from intercourse until you and your partner have things sorted out.

First of all, go to the drugstore and purchase two home pregnancy tests. Take one now, and take the other either 10 days (or more) after the last time you had sex, or wait until her period is supposed to arrive. If her period doesn't come, take the second test.

There is a pregnancy risk when sperm comes in contact with the vulva. Pre-ejaculate, a fluid that a penis produced when the man is aroused, contains sperm, as well as semen. Therefore, there's a pregnancy risk every time you have unprotected sex. So in the future, please use condoms and barrier protection to reduce pregnancy risks and reduce STD transmission. You two have an STD risk, so you might want to schedule a STD screening at a local clinic.

Why don't you and your girlfriend read the following articles? I think that they will clear a lot of things up and you'll learn a lot about keeping yourselves safe and healthy. If you have more questions, make sure that you have carefully read the articles, as well as the board search function and site search function.

Am I pregnant?
What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts
Ready or Not? The Readiness Checklist
First Intercourse 101 Safe, Sound & Sexy A Safer Sex How-To

------------------
Kindness and honesty can be expected only from the strong.
Anonymous

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.