Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Broken Condom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Broken Condom
dementedforever
Neophyte
Member # 9185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dementedforever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
last night i was fooling around w/ my boyfriend. we're both virgins, but last night he got out a condom and started to have sex w/ me
but the condom broke
he's really worried- but i'm not as much.
for one thing, i dont think he was that deep inside me, and he kept slipping out, seeing as we're kind of fumbling virgins who suck at this sort of thing
second, i saw some cum on his sheets, which makes me think he wasnt even inside of me when he came... it was, i'd say something like a tablespoon on the sheets, how much is regular?
the other thing, that thought of afterward- was that there was no pain, and i didnt bleed at all--- even when he's fingered me i've felt him deeper inside, and felt much more pressure and a little pain. since there was none of that, i'm almost sure he didnt break my hymen- can i get pregnant if that's intact? and for future reference- how much will i bleed if he does break it?
what's your advice at this point?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go to your doctor or to Planned Parenthood **NOW** and get emergency contraception. Emergency contraception is effective within to 72 hours of sexual contact.

I say this because the condom broke and you saw semen leakage. This could very well mean that semen got into your vagina.

And it is unlikely that your hymen would wholly be intact. If it were, it would not be possible to menstruate and it would not be possible to penetrate without breaking. So don't rely on your hymen as a sperm barrier.

So yes, your risk of getting pregnant is actually high.

------------------
"In God we trust. All others must pay cash..." faw-choon kookie say.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.