Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: problem
Member # 9061

Icon 9 posted      Profile for funht11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok this question is kind of dumb i guess but here it goes...when i first tried to use a tampon a few years ago i got sick as soon as i put it in...i got real pale and felt dizzy and nauseous. so i took it out right away...then a few weeks ago i tried it again and the same thing happened. now my question i going to get sick like this the first time a guy fingers me or i have sex..bc it really makes me nervous?? please post back
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi hon

I think what you're experiencing is simple anxiety. So what you need to ask yourself is *why* you are so anxious about tampons. Is it just tampons, or are you anxious about "things in your vagina" in general?

The answer to your questions about fingering and sex is: not if you are really ready, both physically and mentally.

You might want to read the following:

Ready or Not? The Readiness Checklist

First Intercourse 101 -- for information on how to handle first intercourse, although you can apply it to other sexual activities, too!

Safe, Sound & Sexy A Safer Sex How-To -- because if you know you're safe, you'll be a million times more relaxed

Pink Parts Female Sexual Anatomy -- because a sound understanding of your anatomy can help with your tampon problems and general peace of mind.

In general, one thing that some women are anxious about with tampons are: will it hurt, and will it fit?

Your vagina has more than enough room for a tampon -- if you can get a baby's whole head out, you can get a tampon in -- and it won't hurt if you relax, take your time, try at the heaviest part of your menstrual flow, and know your body well.

So get some hands-on experience with your vulva and vagina and try again later when you feel more ready. In the meantime, read those artilcles and try not to be so anxious

Hope this helps,

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.