Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » timing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: timing
snookie
Neophyte
Member # 8193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm usually pretty on time with my pill, I take it around 11:45, 12:00ish. Last sunday though, I went to my grandmother's and forgot my pills because I took the wrong back. When I came home I took it at 4:45. I continued taking the pills on time the next day.

However, when I went to the beach on saturday, the same thing happened again. When I came home at 3:00, I took the pill, so I was around three hours late. I haven't missed a pill yet, I've just had two days of taking it a few hours late.

It says if you miss a pill, continue taking the pills and use backup for a week. (Obviously you should be using backup anyway).

My question here is: have I decreased the strength of the pill? I haven't missed a pill, I've just taken two pills on different days about a week apart a few hours late. I was wondering if my chances of getting pregnant are increased.

Posts: 3 | From: long island | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, i'd say it's safest not to be off by 3 or 4 hours. But you did exceed that window. So it is likely that your pills' efficacy have been affected.

This is just one reason why it's *always* a good idea to back up with condoms.

------------------
"Go that way really fast, and if anything gets in your way ... turn." Better off Dead starring a teenaged John Cusack.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.