Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Re:Not really sure whats wrong.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Re:Not really sure whats wrong.
Member # 6945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TeddyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I can't see a doctor, I don't have one, haven't had one for years, no insurance, nada. Not to mention an overwhelming fear of doctors.

I didn't mean my actual vagina, it is on my inner labia and it hurts like hell, when I sit or walk. I looked at it today, and instead of being pinkish, like usual, one side is now a dark purple, and it has gotten bigger. *cries*

Well, I thought you could only get an STD from sex. One of my friends has HPV...and has a wart on her cervix, but I don't think that is what this is. I don't know.

Sorry for rambling on like that. Thanks for replying to my post you guys.

Posts: 6 | From: FL | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not try your local Planned Parenthood (1-800-230-PLAN)? Generally those clinics operate with low costs to you, or on sliding scales. No insurance necessary.

Being afraid of doctors isn't much of an excuse not to go, in the long run. You've got a can see a doctor (that's the only person who's going to be able to tell you what's going on), or you can not see a doctor. I spent years being afraid of doctors, but eventually it came down to one very simple much did I value my health, quality of life, and life itself? My answer was that I valued it quite a bit, and therefore I decided to suck it up, be an adult, and take myself down to the doctor!

The bottom line is that the only way you're going to know what the problem is, and find a solution for it is to see a doctor. Plain and simple, that's it. Whether it's actually in your vagina or on your labia isn't that much of an's still on your genital region, it still needs to be looked at by a professional. It could be a really simple problem, it could be a bigger problem, you won't know till a doc checks it out.

Beyond that, yes, you can catch STDs through non-sexual means. HPV is not the only STD around. Some STDs can be contracted through sharing a towel. Some can be passed from mother to child. Some can be contracted through a kiss from your grandma (or any other relative for that matter).

Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.