Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Not Really sure what's wrong.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not Really sure what's wrong.
TeddyGirl
Neophyte
Member # 6945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TeddyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I have looked around the site and have not found the answer to my question, or shall I say, an opinion. If it's here and I just didn't look good enough, I apologize in advance.

I have a lump, that is very, very sore and seems to be getting bigger everyday, in my vagina. I know it *isn't* an STD, isn't even a possibility. I just wanted to get some opinions on what it could be. I know you can't diagnose anything...I'm just looking for opinions because there is no way for me to go to a doctor and it has me worried.

Posts: 6 | From: FL | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there is a way for you to see a doctor. tell your mother or father that there's something wrong with you and you need to see a doc. esp if you know you've done nothing that could get you in any trouble with your folks, it'll be okay to ask them for help.

or go to planned parenthood (look it up in the phone book or try http://www.planeedprenthood.org and go in for a checkup.

sore and lumpy are a bad combination, and just asking us what it is isn't gonna take care of it. is it actually in the vagina? a lot of readers are kinda fuzzy with terms. the vagina itself in the tube inside your body. the region outside that is your vulva. Pink Parts ? Female Sexual Anatomy
for diagrams and info about anatomy.

------------------
"Go that way really fast, and if anything gets in your way ... turn." Better off Dead starring a teenaged John Cusack.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TeddyGirl:
I know it *isn't* an STD, isn't even a possibility.

Btw, if you haven't been to the doctor, the only way you can possibly know that it absolutely isn't an STD is if you've spent your entire life living alone inside a bubble. Sexually transmitted diseases are often transmitted sexually, but that in no way means that they can only be transmitted sexually. Sometimes things can be transmitted through totally non-sexual means.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.