Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » fingering + warts?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: fingering + warts?
shananzabam
Neophyte
Member # 8463

Icon 5 posted      Profile for shananzabam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay... i have a question, my boyfriend has a wart on his finger, right? so if he fingers me, is it possible that i could get a wart from him? even if his finger is in maybe...2 minutes? and if it is possible, is there a way to prevent it (besides not doing it at all)? I already asked this question in the "sexpert" bbs, and they said this:

"Latex gloves.
In a word, safe manual sex is only safe with latex gloves, especially when you already know you are dealing with a possible infection."

but that doesn't answer aaallll of my question...i still don't know if it is possible to get a wart from him fingering me...cuz a wart isn't really an infection, it's a fungus, right? so can i get one from him? ....thanks

Posts: 2 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No ... your question was answered. Use latex gloves or run the risk of getting warts (or other yucky infections and stuff) on/in your vagina. It's really that simple.

Taken from the McKinley Health Centre "Warts are non-cancerous skin growths caused by a viral infection in the top layer of the skin or mucous membranes." and "Warts probably are passed from person to person, sometimes indirectly. The time between the first contact and the time that the warts can be seen is often several months. The risk of catching hand, foot and flat warts is small."

Are you willing to take that risk? It's up to you ... But we WILL NOT adovcate unsafe sex. That's just not what we're here for.

Posting the same question in another forum simply b/c you do'nt like the answer is unacceptable here. Please don't post this question again.

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 06-03-2002).]

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.