Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I NEED HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I NEED HELP!
Ranger
Neophyte
Member # 8380

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Ranger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please help me. My boyfriend and I have been going out for 2 months and we have 2 different views. I think going down on a guy is alright but going down on a girl is sick. He thinks going down on a girl is alright but going down on a guy is sick. I don't really know why I feel this way , but can you please get me some information on eating a girl out because I don't want to cause any harm to him or me and I don't want it to ruin our relationship. He would rather make a girl happy than a girl make him happy but I feel the opposite. Please talk to me about oral sex and all of the advantages and disadvantages of doing it. Please.
Posts: 1 | From: Pendleton NC, USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ranger,

Well, your question is somewhat hard to answer, but let me try my best.

First off, we don't give information on "techniques" here - everyone enjoys different things within the realm of sexual activity, so the best thing you can do is talk about your likes and dislikes with your partner. There are just no hard and fast rules.

As far as oral sex being "gross" or "sick "- that falls into the realm of opinion - mind you, they aren't opinions we suport here, though. Consider this; humans are *designed* to respond to one another based on tastes, smells and other sexual stimulus. All in all, you might be surprised at how you respond to your partner during oral sex. Also remember that Sexual fluids, like the lubrication produced by the vagina, and seminal fluid and pre-ejaculate is nothing more than mostly water, simple sugars, enzymes, and peptides - and possily a few trace viruses or bacteria. All in all, it is pretty inert stuff, as long as you practice good hygeine, you shouldn't notice any "off" smells or tatses.

However, also remember that when practicing oral sex, he should be using a dental dam on you, and he should be wearing a condom (unlubricated, or a flavored one designed for oral sex - these can also double as dental dams if you cut them). You might actually prefer these because it will, obviously, cut down on the number of fluids you come in contact with, as well as protect from those fluids should they contain bacteria or viruses that could cause an STD or STI.

Hope this helps! Please visit our home page, and read a few of the articles - Especially "Safe, Sound and Sexy" as it will give you all sorts of info on safer sex.

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.