Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help
~*Aztec Rose*~
Neophyte
Member # 8367

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ~*Aztec Rose*~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i don't know if i am in the rght place or you can help me or not, but i was raped 6 weeks ago and now i am pregnant, i was a virgin and have not had sex since it is definatly his baby and i can't have it, should i get an abortion or adopt it out, i just can't bare to have it in my life!!
Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've made a good first step- telling us about this.

First of all have a number of articles here at Scarleteen that you can read. This is a pro-choice site, and be sure we will support your decision.

Dealing With Rape gives advice on steps to take after the incident and the healing process.

Abortion: A Woman's Story

Granny Panties- A user's story about her abortion.

Alongside these two articles you will also find resources- phone numbers and websites, that will provide further information on obtaining an abortion.

Another thing you're going to need to do is arrange to be tested for STDs and STIs- the sooner the better, and then again in six months, in case something didn't show up in the first screening. I know its scary, but if you have something and it goes untreated, the outcome could be much worse.

You can also head to our Support Groups forum, where you will find volunteers and peers who may have experienced similar things, and are ready with open ears and virtual hugs.

The best of luck to you in this difficult time.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.