Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » just wondering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just wondering
CubanBoobiGIRL
Neophyte
Member # 7587

Icon 5 posted      Profile for CubanBoobiGIRL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
?????i read a post that was kind of old but i just didnt understand if you answered the question..can you get sick from giving head...i mean besides std's..because i heard if you do it to much you will have to get your stomache pump because your tummy doesn't no what to do with it....?????
Posts: 23 | From: melb,fl,U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be possible, but i've never heard of it. And unless you and your partner have had two (clean) STD tests, you should really be using condoms/dental dams for oral sex anyway ... Better to be safe than sorry
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too much of anything is probably going to upset your tummy: water, gummy bears, or semen.

However, the easy way to avoid that? Condoms and dental dams for every act of oral sex, every time.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Ooh, I'll settle down with some old story/About a boy who's just like me/Thought there was love in everything and everyone, you're so naive!"-Belle and Sebastian, "Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the average ejaculation of semen is about one milliliter. there are 355mL in an American can on Coke. the average male has a 20 minute refractory period during which he cannot become sexually aroused.

so hypothetically, if you were to swallow as much semen as there was in one can of Coke, you'd have to be there a *very* long time (the stomach empties out in three hours, so even if you were able to get 355mL of semen out of a single man, it'd digest first so you wouldn't have 355mL in there at any one time), or you would have to be one of those people who is into bukkake (which involves a whole LOT of risk as far as STDs are concerned.

i think you are referring to thse urban myth about so-and-so celebrity/popular girl at your school/random person who got sick from swallowing so much semen he/she needed to have his/her stomach pumped. it is just that: a myth.

Bear in mind that aside from possible virus particles, semen contains mostly frutose (sugar), zinc, citrate, baking soda and a tiny about of peptides, all of which are relatively non-toxic to the human body.

------------------
Color is for crayons, not for people.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I *know* there's not enough semen in one ejaculation for that sort of thing, I'm just saying, everything in moderation except diseases and pregnancy.

Here's the link to that urban legend, btw: http://www.snopes.com/college/sex/cheerldr.htm

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.