Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I'm a little confused about this cherry thing..i need answers quick!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm a little confused about this cherry thing..i need answers quick!
death_2_angels
Neophyte
Member # 8254

Icon 11 posted      Profile for death_2_angels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay so here's the deal...me and my boyfriend have been dating for awhile now,both of us are virgins, and i'm finally ready for the sex thing...but i'm really confused about this whole "cherry popping"
bussieness. first of all i understand it's your hymen and that it doesnt REALLY pop.. but i dont know when does it pop? during or after?.and how much do you bleed? i know you guys say that it's all natural and most women are ashamed if they dont but i feel really embarressed.and another thing my friend told me if i use a tampon i can pop my own and not have to worry about it...is this true?.i'm really worried about this and i need answers considering we're gonna be alone this coming weekend...so help PLEASE!!

p.s. does the amount that you flow on your period have anything with determining how much you'll bleed?

[This message has been edited by death_2_angels (edited 05-17-2002).]

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Welcome to the boards

I found a few articles you might want to check out. I think they might help you out some. If you still have questions when you're done, feel free to come back and ask, or try asking in the other forums were you can get answers from other members as well.

First Time
Abstinence
Ready or Not?
Pink Parts

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by death_2_angels:
i know you guys say that it's all natural and most women are ashamed if they dont but i feel really embarressed.

Woah there! It can be natural, but I don't think I'd say that "most women are ashamed if they don't". That's pretty far from the truth of the situation, and if someone happens to be ashamed of it, then they shouldn't be. There's nothing to be ashamed of! The bottom line is that some women bleed, and some women don't. And there's no right or wrong about it. I didn't bleed or have pain the first time I had intercourse, and that certainly didn't make me feel ashamed.

You may or may not have a hymen at this point, it's hard to say. Hymens can erode away due to any number of factors...tampons, masturbation, horseback riding, gymnastics, other physical (or sexual) activities, etc. A hymen isn't like a balloon, doesn't pop suddenly, or even necessarily rip quickly...even during sexual activity, it can simply erode away gently. And no, your period has nothing to do with any bleeding that may occur. Check out those articles Smurf linked you to, there's alot of good information there. Also try searching the boards, there's a ton of topics about this.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.