Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Periods

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Periods
Sawyer7
Neophyte
Member # 7463

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Sawyer7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My period normally lasts 5-6 days, and I know that teens hav irregular cycles, but I was just wondering is this is from what I did or not..
My period lasted 4 days and on the fourth it stopped and then on the next day (around the same time it stopped the day before) my dicharge had a little blood in it. Well my boyfriend and I were messing around, but I am not sure if he actually wet in me. I am not in any pain or anything right now so I don't think he did, but when I got home from his house I had a few blood spots in my underwear and it was kinda flowing normal for a little while and then spotted all this happened in a few hours) and now it is back to the colored discharge again (the blood was thinner then a perios though and redder), is this just my period or from when we were fooling around. Also, we used a condom but just for the long run, if somethig did happen and the condom didn't work (it was our first time using one) what are my possiblities of getting pregnant? He did ejaculate. Thanks!
~Sawyer7

Posts: 16 | From: SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think there are three separate issues here, so bear with while I try to sort them out.

1) It's normal to have a bit of bloody discharge just before or after your period, and yes, it's normal for the consistency of discharge to be a bit different (thinner, slipperier) after sexual arousal.

2) If your boyfriend had a condom on for all of intercourse, and the condom did not slip off or break, your risk of pregnancy is very low to none.

3) You can get pregnant at any time during your cycle, even when you're on your period, so you probably shouldn't be trying to figure that into your pregnancy risk.

Hon, what do you mean when you say you're not sure if your boyfriend wet in you?

------------------
Why scream and shout when you know it's true?
Why fall in love when there's better things to do?

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.