Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Aussie in Trouble!

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Aussie in Trouble!
Member # 6580

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Brownsuga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know I am not from the USA and such but the site is so brilliant I thought I might make use of it and see what comes of it. I am extremely scared that I am pregnant. My boyfriend and I enjoy the feeling of no condoms although it's a great risk I know. I do not take any pills or birth control methods but would like to start. The problem is it's been two weeks since we've had unprotected sex and I was due two days ago for my period and I haven't got them. I want to go to a female clinic to get help but without my parents knowing. Do these visits cost a lot of money? Will they have to tell my mum? I dont' want to go on the pill as well so I need other options.
Posts: 12 | From: Sydney, NSW, Australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you decided to come to our site. First of all, condoms are really necessary to keep you both safe. They're like seatbelts--they might be a bit uncomfortable to wear and feel restricting, but it's far, far better from seriously risking your health. We recently had a little discussion about this.

Since you may be pregnant, go to the pharmacy and buy a home pregnancy test as soon as possible.

Women's health care actually isn't that expensive--probably not more than going to your regular physician. Here's a list of Planned Parenthoods in Australia. If you are unable to get to one of these locations, then ask for recommendations from your friends about GYNs or find a female nurse (working at your doctor's clinic, perhaps?) who they see. Nurses will probably know who's the best GYN around. Use the phone book too if needed--I'm sure there are women's health clinics in Sydney.

Please get your boyfriend and yourself tested for STDs, and consider practicing safer sex in the future to protect both of you. Our site is a great resource, try reading through all of it.

A few of our articles:

Scarleteen Advocate
"The level of our success is limited only by our imagination and no act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted"--Aesop

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3

Search Scarleteen