Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » dry sexing it up?!?!?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dry sexing it up?!?!?!
frietaf
Neophyte
Member # 7663

Icon 9 posted      Profile for frietaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, to start off today was the 14th day after my period started, which is bad news already.....cuz im usually on a tight schedule around 28 days.....but my bf and i were screwing around and i went from just underwear to nothing.....and he had boxers and khakis on the whole time! He rubbed up on me like 5 times then he fingered me.....i noticed when (when he was done with me) i went to pull his pants on (after mine were back on) that there was a lil damp spot ....he hadnt cummmed, so it was either precum or my own juices....also, if it was precum, im not sure if his pants were damp before or after he was rubbing on me? what are my chances of getting pregnant in your honest opinion???
* ive heard sperm lose vitality when introduced to the air (since he never penetrated and he had on two layers of clothes so the precum would have been long exposed to air)...plus precum is less likely to impregnate b/c it has no "semen-like" liquid surrounding it and it even dires quicker...and sperm cannot swim through clothes...(are all these facts true??) what kinda chances do i have (%)? (keep in mind the damp spot could have been me too)
PLEASE HELP ME!
P.S. i know this could all happen hypothetically speaking (like if one sperm made it) but does it ever happen??? and if it does how often?

Posts: 6 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have an article about risks of pregnancy from various sexual activities that I'm going to use to answer your question, since it has the most accurate information:

quote:
If you were less than fully clothed, but not having genitals-to-genitals skin contact, did any pre-ejaculatory fluid or semen get on or near the woman’s pubic region, on her underwear or pantyhose, or on her swimsuit or any other minimal garment?

If YES, you MAY have some risk of pregnancy. More significant is the risk of Sexually Transmitted Diseases. See your health care practitioner for a STD screening and a pregnancy test.

Becuase women are different, and because you're not sure if pre-ejaculatory fluid did end up in contact with your genitals, all we can really say for sure is that you might have some risk of pregnancy (sperm don't lose vitality in air -- the vagina isn't a vaccuum, so if they died on contact with air we'd never have any pregnancy risks; however sperm don't live very long in hostile environments such as clothing, water, etc).

My honest opinion is that your pregnancy risk is probably low; however, if you don't get your period, take a pregnancy test. You might also want to consider just having him put a condom on for dry sex -- peace of mind is a good thing.

erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.