Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP!
BadKitty
Neophyte
Member # 7567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BadKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yesterday i lost my virginity to my boyfriend
but we had unprotected sex..but he never ejaculated in me?
is there still a risk of me being pregnant?

Posts: 6 | From: Ontario | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you bet there is!!!

Call your nearest chapter of Planned Parenthood (listed in phone book) and schedule an appointment within the next 72 hours so that you can get emergency contraception.

Sperm can be found in pre-ejaculate, and yes, they can get your pregnant. So even if he did not ejaculate inside you, you still carry a risk of getting pregnant.

Emergency contraception needs to be taken within 72 of sex in order to be effective, so get to it! and on your way back from the clinic, buy a box of condoms (no spermicide!) and a bottle KY or astroglide.

------------------
oh, don't even po-mo me, baby...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, yes, yes!

you need to get yourself some emergency contraception as quickly as possible - it only works within the first 72 hours of a pregnancy risk. and because pre-ejaculate contains sperm, and it only takes one sperm to get you pregnant, unprotected sexual contact is a pregnancy risk.

I see you're in Ontario; I'm not sure about clinics there but I know that if you can get a doctor's appointment they can prescribe it for you.

act now! time is of the essence.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

"Years ago, I was an angry young man/I'd pretend that I was a billboard/Standing tall by the side of the road/I fell in love with the beautiful highway..."-Talking Heads, "(Nothing but) Flowers"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PP Ontario
1 Nicholas Street, Suite 430
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 7B7 CANADA

Phone: (613) 238-4474

Consider getting STD testing for yourself and you partner as well.

------------------
Ash
Scarleteen Advocate
"The level of our success is limited only by our imagination and no act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted"--Aesop

[This message has been edited by Ashy (edited 04-27-2002).]

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.