Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » after sex pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: after sex pain
hammie
Neophyte
Member # 7873

Icon 9 posted      Profile for hammie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend and i had sex for the first time. why is it that sometimes when i pee, i felt this not so painful kinda weird undescribable feeling? the pain only starts when i'm about to finish peeing not the start.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can think of two possibilities here: either you just got a little chafed during sex or you have bred your very own Urinary Tract Infection.

Relax, it won't kill you - if you get to your gynecologist and get treated. One of the most common ways of getting one is when a little bit of bacteria gets up your urethra during sex. That's why in future you should always pee before and after sex, and if you don't already, always wipe from front to back.

If you've had a UTI before, and this isn't it, then it's likely you just got a little chafed during sex and the urine is irritating it a bit. You should heal fairly quickly down there (a couple of days).

If you have never had a UTI before (also called a bladder infection), you need to get to your doctor and make sure you don't have one now. They only get worse if untreated, and your doctor can give you a pill to make it all better very quickly.

In the meantime, drink *lots* of water. That's good for you no matter what.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

"Years ago, I was an angry young man/I'd pretend that I was a billboard/Standing tall by the side of the road/I fell in love with the beautiful highway..."-Talking Heads, "(Nothing but) Flowers"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.