Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Boyfriends reaction

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boyfriends reaction
AngelSomeWhere
Neophyte
Member # 6806

Icon 9 posted      Profile for AngelSomeWhere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote a question to our lovely "Sexperts" before and now i have a question for my fellow peers. My period is late two days, yes i know only two, but i am an EXTREMLY paranoid person. Me and my boyfriend had protected sex, but at first, only for a few moments, we werent protected. Now I am extremly nervous I could be pregnant. I was speaking to my boyfriend and he could tell something was wrong, so I told him. He almost freaked out on the phone, which i expected, but the only legable thing I could hear out of his freaking out was "abortion". So I asked him what he said, and he said "You need to get an abortion...if you are pregnant". So I explained how my mother is a nurse and will not allow me to get one but he continues to tell me how his mother will take me to a clinic. I am praying that I am not pregnant, and my of course irregular periods are just flaring up again...they range anywhere from 21-24 days and its day 22 right now. (I told you..im paranoid). But basically I am asking...what should I do if I am pregnant, and...could i really be pregnant?
Posts: 5 | From: ny | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your period is late, take a pregnancy test and go from there. Really. While it's good to discuss what could happen, taking a test and knowing for sure is the best way to go.

So why don't you and your boyfriend hit the pharmacy, buy a test, and talk about what the little stick says?

erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to add to what Erin said about talking about what the little stick says. Having sex means taking responsibility for what might happen as a result of your actions. While you're waiting on that stick to change color, you have a very special oppertunity to talk to your partner about the choices that you're making by having sexual contact. Why don't you print out our articles Ready or Not?, and Safe, Sound & Sexy A Safer Sex How-To and talk with your boyfriend while you're on your way to get the test, and while you're waiting on the results. Part of having sex is being honest about the fact that pregnancy is always a concern, you both need to be ready for that...or frankly, you shouldn't be having sex.

quote:
Frpm Ready or Not? (The Infamous Sexual Readiness Checklist)
There is no sex, save masturbation -- no matter how long you and your partner have known each other, or what you have convinced yourself of -- that does not carry some risks, no matter how safe you play it. If you haven't checked all the items in that list, take care of that first.
<...>
I feel I can emotionally handle a possible pregnancy, disease or infection, or rejection from my partner.
<...>

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.