Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can't handle this....HELP!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't handle this....HELP!!!!
DunnoHowIFeel
Neophyte
Member # 7563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DunnoHowIFeel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a friend i won't say her name but she has a problem...when ever things get very hard for her she cutts her wrists...she promised me she'd stop and it's gotten better but she still does it...i can't handle it it makes me so sad....but i can't tell her mom....she's trying to get a pchyciatrist all ready but until then i don't no what to do...i told her to call me when things get rough but i don't know if thats working...please help me i'm scared for her...and the thing is she said she can't help her self...she said she dosn't want to die....help!!!!!

------------------

Posts: 8 | From: Bronx,Ny, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of self injurers (SI'ers) don't want to die. That's not at all what it's really about, in most cases.

If she promised you she would stop and she hasn't, what does that tell you? She's either not trying, or she's not strong enough to do it on her own. My guess is that she needs a bit of help. A lot of people in these types of situations are too scared to ask for help and they need other people to do it for them. Someone needs to know. What about telling your own parents? Maybe then they can talk to your friends parents and it takes a bit of the pressure off of you.

You can read a bit about what i went through in this situation here

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.