Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: General Health & Nutrition.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I am NOT ANOREXIC!!!!!!!!!!

Author Topic: I am NOT ANOREXIC!!!!!!!!!!
QTpyy
Neophyte
Member # 7562

Icon 8 posted      Profile for QTpyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya there. I am 13 years old and happen to be extremely skinny....and short. Well, some people who read this might be thinking "Lucky duck, she's thin. I wish I was thin". If you think that, then I suggest you change your mind. Nobody wants to be thin as me... it's disgusting. I eat a lot... more than most of my friends at least, and none of them are skinny like me. People who don't really know me, and don't see me eat, they ask me "Hey, you're so skinny. Are you, like, Anorexic or something?" NO!!! First of all, I think the point of asking me, or my friends, because people bother them about how I look, is ridiculous. Like I'm going to answer "Yes, I am anorexic. I enjoy starving my body of etential nutreients it needs". Can somebody tell me how to help deal with these totally rude remarks about my size?????? I apologize for the long message, but thanx for listening.

------------------
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" -Albert Einstein

Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I can certainly understand your delima. I've always been small too (although lately not as small as I used to be). And people constantly would ask me, or my mom, or my best friend if I had an eating disorder. And just like you, I could pack away more food than all the rest of them combined.

I understand getting frustrated with hearing that constantly, but about the only things I can tell you to do are to love your body and take care of it, and to grow a thicker skin. Its your body, and as long as you know there's nothing endangering your health in relation to your weight, then you've got nothing to worry about (until/unless your doctor indicates otherwise). So what if you're skinny? Love your body in exactly the shape it is. And when people ask, just tell them that no, you don't have an eating disorder. You don't owe them an extensive explaination of how your body works...so just say no, walk away, and let the whole thing go. That's what I finally learned to do. It's my body, and I'm the only one I owe an explaination to.

I'm going to go ahead and ship this topic over to Health and Nutrition so that maybe you can get some more input from other users.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.